Tel: +44 (0) 1235 550534
Mobile: 07771 881435
Cognitive Behavioural & Clinical Hypnotherapy; Counselling; Coaching
TOP TIPS for MANAGING STRESS
• Remember - stress doesn’t have to turn into distress unless we let it.
• Ask yourself, what’s really important to me in life?
• Challenge negative thoughts and replace them with more helpful ones –
remember, you feel the way you think. Emotional self-management is the
key to stress management.
• Use coping statements - ‘I can stand it’, ‘does it really matter?’, ‘What the
• Ban perfectionism – good enough is good enough!
• Try to see things from the other person’s point of view – regain perspective.
• Catch tension early. Use stress relieving techniques e.g. deep breathing
technique, defocus, stretching exercises, move your body.
• Manage your time (remember your life goals!). When you find yourself
procrastinating – ask ‘what’s this costing me?’
• Break down goals/projects into bite size pieces.
• Be assertive – ask for what you want & learn to say ‘No’!
• If you treat yourself with respect, others will respect you.
• Make it a priority to look after yourself - take exercise, get a good night’s
sleep, eat healthy food, drink plenty of water...
• Build in regular periods of deep relaxation –it’s time well spent.
• Be kind to yourself – and have some fun!!